Tuesday, February 03, 2009

2009-02-03 Tuesday - Friendship

I have had a rich life. Not in terms of money or material possessions, but in terms of friendships that have lasted multiple decades.

I cherish those connections.

Time, distance, troubles, and long periods of absence, have had no ill effect. When I see or speak with those friends, it is as if but moments have passed since our last conversation.

What is it that I have found so endearing in these friendships?

A mutual respect for the nobility of ideas, a shared intellectual curiosity, their strength of character, a willingness to tilt at the odd wind mill, to storm the castle walls, to charge the hill, to fight the good fight - regardless of the consequences, and no accounting of the size of the opposing force.

I have lived a full life....filled with adventure...filled with passion. I have drunk deep from the cup of life, whether it was filled with joy or sorrow...I have but only a few regrets.

No comments:

WordCount