Wednesday, March 25, 2015

2015-03-25 Wednesday - Seattle Fast Wifi Resources

Although I have a 30 GB data plan with AT&T - there are times when I need to download large GB files - and the speed of the AT&T broadband device just isn't up to snuff...and sadly, nor are most public/free wifi services (or coffee shops).  This is my placeholder for the search for good, reliable, fast, cheap | free wifi resources:


Seattle Public Library 
- their wifi seems to have some bandwidth regulating rules in place - when trying to download a large .iso file - it seemed to hang after about 20-22MB...pausing/restarting would get another 18-22 MB...and then hang.

Bellevue Public Library
- it seems that the King County Libraries must have a consistent data bandwidth usage / throttling policy - as I also experienced seriously degraded download capabilities once I had reached 80-100MB - eventually, it seemed as if I was blocked even after 4-20 MB after repeated attempts to download a 100+ MB file from the Intuit Turbo Tax site.

Motif's Frolick
- download speed varies wildly/erratically between ~70kbs to almost 488kbs



2015-04-01 Wednesday Update...
well...I have found a great high speed wifi location - but I am not going to announce where it is...it is just a few blocks from where I am staying...and in a bit of an unusual location...with up to ~2.4+ mbs download speeds...


2015-04-06 Monday Update
Some interesting news recently regarding Wi-Fi in the Seattle area:


No comments:

WordCount