I had forgotten everything about it - except for a scene near the end - when they are lowering a wagon down to the bottom of a river gorge.
I'm pretty sure I must have watched it when it first came out on TV - that would have been when I was still young, 8-10 years old - living on Tadpole Road - on our 10 acres in the woods that I helped my father clear (before I entered the 2nd grade - chopping trees and brush with an axe and my hatchet).
I don't think I even recalled who the actors were ( Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum, Richard Widmark)
It was surprisingly good...and has aged well. One of the finest performances I can recall seeing by Robert Mitchum.
It was surprisingly good...and has aged well. One of the finest performances I can recall seeing by Robert Mitchum.
- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062479/
- https://www.amazon.com/Way-West-Kirk-Douglas/dp/B001NTIBMG
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_West_(film)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_West

No comments:
Post a Comment