I watched this movie last night on Netflix
I usually do not find Will Ferrell's movies to be that good - especially when he is in a lead role.
But, even though this movie is a bit sappy, a bit corny - there is a gentle sweetness to it.
A wholesome goodness.
And, it does not have any glorified violence.
Well, if you exclude that one moment, allegedly, with the elves...but, he had it coming.
Anyway - I highly recommend this movie - it is a goodness for your soul.
And, the singing (features appearances from many past Eurovision
Loved Graham Norton's bit in this movie (see his actual, real-life bits from the real Eurovision Song Contest in 2015).
And, the scene on the boat, between father and son - priceless.
Some more information that might be of interest:
- https://www.vulture.com/2020/06/every-real-reference-in-eurovision-the-story-of-fire-saga.html
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%BAsav%C3%ADk
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

No comments:
Post a Comment