![]() |
| [image credit: WOKANDAPIX on pixabay.com] |
Hexagonal.
It is a geometric shape - and it is also an application architecture pattern.
I used this term in a series of calls over the past three weeks, interviewing candidates - and asking if they could describe what the term means.
Late on Friday night - I was pondering why my pronunciation of the word seemed a little off, even to me.
As I went to several online dictionaries - I was a bit mortified to find that I had indeed been mispronouncing the word.
While using Google Translate to check the pronunciation in a few different languages, I discovered the root/cause of my mispronunciation.
I was using the German and French pronunciation rules. Two languages I have studied in depth in the past.
Sometimes I stumble over the pronunciation of a word - which I attribute to a consequence of my dilettante efforts to study a bit of over 36 different languages, over many decades.

No comments:
Post a Comment